The top 10 Lightbulb Moments: Where are they now?
Led by the Regional Australia Institute (RAI) in partnership with PRIME7/GWN7 and the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR), the Lightbulb Moments program aims to support individuals, community organisations and businesses across regional Australia to turn their ‘bright ideas’ into reality.
The ‘top ten’ entries (in alphabetical order) for the Regional Australia Institute’s 2017 Lightbulb Moments campaign included:
- Cultivate Farms – now seeking farmers wanting to partner with one of the best in the next generation, eventually owning and operating a farm together (Albury, NSW)
- Get a Rural Life – now exploring a pilot social media campaign promoting opportunities and possibilities for young people in regional Australia (Boort, VIC)
- Healthy Tasmania (previously Travel Like a Local) – now actively seeking investment partners to deliver a four hour pilot podcast series, created and produced in Tasmania, helping ordinary people tell their extraordinary stories (Evandale, TAS)
- Heathcote Dementia Village – secured a $180,000 State Government grant as a contribution towards a detailed feasibility study into the development of a state-of-the-art dementia village (Bendigo, VIC)
- Pointer Remote Role (previously Go Remote) – now actively seeking recruitment and employer partners to scale up the pool of professional roles available to people for remote work opportunities in regional Australia (The Rock, NSW)
- Rhythm and Ride (Saltwater Country Inc.) – now working with local government to deliver a sustainable rodeo, music and camp draft event funding model supporting ongoing event and community development activities (Broome, WA)
- Rural Health Connect – now bringing online psychology services via video technology to people in rural, regional and remote Australia (Rockhampton, QLD)
- Smart Small Towns – now collaborating with regional communities to achieve private certification of their commitment to fostering entrepreneurial spirit (Deniliquin, NSW)
- The Australian Girls ESTEAMME Collaborative – now investigating practical options for implementation of the international model for promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths in regional Australia (Rainbow Beach, QLD)
- This Farm Needs a Farmer – now developing a membership base of new farmers and business sponsors creating a viable and scalable social enterprise joining farmers with skills to those that need them (Kyneton, VIC)