BLOG | NEW POSITION AVAILABLE AT THE RAI
The Business Support Officer will provide support to the General Manager of Research and Policy and to the Business Manager. They will also assist with secretariat, finance and administration duties.
You will be required to:
- Work closely with, and to, the General Manager of Research and Policy (GMRP) to provide support to the research and policy team.
- Under supervision and in collaboration with the GMPR provide input into and collate submissions and other documents.
- Assist the Business Manager with budgeting, including month end processes.
- Take minutes for research committee meetings and other meetings as required.
- Implement efficient office/project management processes.
- Undertake diary management for the GMRP.
- Provide assistance to the Business Manager to organise meetings, appointments, events and travel.
- Ensure action plans and meeting outcomes are implemented by the research and policy team.
- Answer phones and enquiries.
The Ideal Candidate
With a can-do, flexible attitude, the ideal candidate will be professional, mature minded person looking to progress within an administration capacity. With at least 3 years experience in a corporate office environment, you will have a sound knowledge of MS Office, outstanding attention to detail and excellent written and communication skills. Experience in conference/event planning or the willingness and ability to acquire that knowledge is highly desirable.
Knowledge and skills required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and experience, including exemplary written skills demonstrated through correspondence and/or report drafting.
- Good consultative skills, including the ability to deal with tact with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- Flexible and able to adapt to ever changing environment.
- Ability to monitor and manage the adherence to process and procedures.
The position is full time and is based in Barton, Canberra. Part time applicants will be considered if available during school hours.
More information on the position, and how to apply, is available here.