The RAI Tools and Products mix explained
Testing new ideas and approaches for regional development
Better knowledge and policy insights are crucial to the future of regions, but we also need new practice strategies to deliver change.
The RAI has been building and testing practical tools to assist with regional development across Australia. We use an evidence-based approach to develop our tools and through training and support aim to build the capacity of regional leaders and doers.
Empowering our regions to lead their own destiny is key to reform and delivering regional change.
The RAI’s Tools and Products have been created to assist with local challenges – explore our suite of products to see how these can add value to your region.
• [In]Sight: Australia’s Regional Competitiveness Index provides accessible data on every local area in Australia. Browse 624 regional competitiveness profiles online.
• Regional Accelerator: An economic development program offering mentoring to high growth potential Small and Medium Enterprises. Find out how you can implement a program in your region.
• Pathfinder Initiative: This initiative helps regional leaders focus their efforts on the areas that matter most to their future. Partner with us to develop a strategy in your region.
• Innovation Watch: A platform to celebrate and grow community-led regional innovation. Exchange ideas, share experiences and inspire others by contributing your story.
• [In]Form: A free database of over 2000 research publications relevant to regional Australia. Search the collection or contribute your knowledge.
What’s missing from your regional development toolkit? Get in touch with the RAI to discuss your needs and how we can assist.