The RAI is the first national, independent think tank devoted exclusively to regional issues. The RAI conducts research into priority regional policy issues impacting all areas of Australia. Our mission is to become an authoritative and trusted source of information and policy advice.
Career Opportunities with us
Business Development and Partnerships (70%)
You will lead business development for the RAI. This includes:
- setting and achieving revenue growth targets through securing new research and policy projects and other investments for the RAI
- scoping and implementing new product and service offerings
- developing the RAI’s pipeline of project leads, proposals and contracts
- maintaining relationships with key government, corporate and philanthropic organisations who are potential investors in the RAI and its products and services
- management of relationships with investors in RAI work and services to ensure high levels of satisfaction and on-going work opportunities, and
- developing valuable relationships with collaborators and partners in the RAI’s work.
You will provide senior leadership to RAI communications. This includes:
- ensuring the RAI maintains a sophisticated two-way conversation with key stakeholder groups and the Australian public
- ensuring outsourced communications services are achieving defined goals and value for money
- developing a program of events to enable the RAI to connect with key stakeholder groups and generate revenue
- working with the Policy and Research team to facilitate timely communication of research and policy findings
- supporting the CEO in communication to a range of audiences including media, politicians and regional stakeholders, and
- monitoring the outcomes of communications and engagement activities.
You will lead a small team including the Business and Events Manager and Graphic Designer as well as key external personnel who work for the RAI via our outsourced communications model. This team is expected to grow as you make an impact on the RAI business model.
The position will be for an initial fixed period of 24 months with the opportunity for extension.