Advancing high growth regional businesses
Regional Accelerator is the Regional Australia Institute’s high impact economic development program aimed at identifying and supporting high growth small to medium enterprises (SMEs). The program is responsive to the latest research on high growth SMEs and focuses on the important contribution they make to building strong, resilient regional economies.
The Southern Inland Regional Accelerator (SIRA) competition has now closed, you can keep up-to-date with the Regional Accelerator program by visiting the RAI website and signing up to our newsletter.
In 2015, Regional Development Australia implemented the Regional Accelerator in the Southern Inland Region of New South Wales.
The Southern Inland Regional Accelerator (SIRA) competition invited businesses to attend a two hour diagnostic clinic with other like-minded businesses which enabled them to:
- Master a simple high growth model;
- Complete an online diagnostic of current business readiness for high growth;
- Receive a brief on the Regional Accelerator; and
- Complete an application to be considered for Regional Accelerator program entry.
From this process, our Expert Panel chose the top ten businesses considered to have the most growth potential to enter the Regional Accelerator program.
Jack Archer, CEO, Regional Australia Institute explains the Regional Accelerator program and how it benefits regional businesses
The top ten Southern Inland Region businesses were given the opportunity to take part in the ultimate mentoring program. The winners worked with industry leaders and like-minded professionals to build a high growth, tailored strategy for their business.
The Regional Accelerator program included:
- A sustainable growth workshop followed by a two hour mentoring session;
- Workshop focusing on setting three year goals, including cash flow and investing in development activities, followed by a two hour mentoring session;
- A strategy workshop to bridge the gap between where businesses are and where they want to get to, followed by a two hour mentoring session; and
- An opportunity to present the business’ strategy for growth and receive expert feedback.
Meet the Southern Inland Region Accelerator winners and find out what they’ve achieved by participating in the program.