Regions Rising - Victoria 2023
Regions Rising is the Regional Australia Institute’s (RAI’s) national event series, running since 2019.
It is an engagement program, made up of in-person and virtual events, through which the RAI presents its research on regional issues to promote dialogue and thought leadership.
In Geelong Victoria on Tuesday 4 July 2023, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm, we bring together industry experts, economists, regional leaders, government, political leaders, academics and the community sector to deliver the latest information on the key pillars affecting regional communities - including jobs and skills, housing, population, liveability, productivity and resilience.
The event will feature three panel sessions focusing on Regional Partnerships, Liveability, and Jobs and Skills, and RAI CEO, Liz Ritchie, the Minister for Water, Regional Development, Equality and Commonwealth Games Legacy, The Hon. Harriet Shing MLC and Director of Centre for Regional and Rural Futures (CeRRF), Deakin University, Professor Rebecca Lester will deliver keynote addresses.
Download the program
To purchase a ticket for this event, first you will need to sign in using your Regional Australia Institute username (typically your email address) and password.
Don't have an account on our website yet? Click here to create an account.
If you attempt to create a new account and receive a message saying that “a profile may exist”, along with a verification request, this is because your details already exist within our database and an account has automatically been set up for you.
In this instance, please click “Verify Details” and enter your email address in the “Password Request” field to set-up a password for your account.
More Regions Rising - Victoria speakers will be announced soon.
In Conversation With
- The event will be run in accordance with all relevant Government health orders.
- If you are unable to attend due to a positive COVID test or being identified as a close-contact and can show us proof, your ticket can be either refunded or we can provide you with access to a Livestream ticket.
- There will be no refunds issued for live-stream tickets.
- Please contact the RAI directly regarding ticket refunds.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (email) to the RAI.
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Substitute delegates are welcome; however the RAI must be advised in writing (email) of any substitute delegates who will be attending.
We will provide a list of everyone attending Regions Rising Victoria closer to the event.
Regions Rising Series Sponsor
Thanks to our national event sponsor NBN Co. for their continued support.
Regions Rising Major Sponsor
Thanks to our major event sponsor Deakin University for their generous support.
Regions Rising Supporting Sponsor
Thanks to our supporting sponsor Committee for Geelong for their generous support.