What is the Move to More campaign?
Move to More is the Regional Australia Institute’s national campaign to raise awareness among metropolitan residents about the great opportunities to live, work and invest in our regional towns and cities.
Supported by the federal government, this landmark, multi-million-dollar campaign, was launched in March 2021 by RAI CEO Liz Ritchie and the then Deputy Prime Minister, the Hon. Michael McCormack and will run throughout 2022.
Move to More features television, radio, billboard and digital advertisements and the movetomore.com website which is a one-stop-shop for metro-movers looking to build their best life in one of more than seven-hundred towns and cities across regional Australia.
Why is the campaign necessary?
By prioritising and encouraging population growth in our regions, Australia can avoid becoming a nation of congested, unaffordable, mega cities.
There are also tens of thousands of jobs in regional Australia which employers are keen to fill!
The RAI’s 2019 report, highlighted the advantages of a more evenly distributed population, and our campaign research in December 2021 showed that the desire to move is there.
It found that one in five people living in our major capital cities was considering a move to regional Australia, motivated by the desire for space, well-being and a more affordable life.
Want to get involved?
Whether you are a regional council, development association, business or an interested individual, you can get involved in the Move to More campaign!
Our Campaign Resource Hub has a variety of assets which you can use to spread the word and drive interest in your own region. You can:
- Download the free campaign assets and from the Move to More Resource hub
- Share Move to More campaign videos featured on the RAI’s YouTube channel
- Share news, high quality imagery or stories of people who have made the move to your region. Use the hashtags #MoveToMore #MadeTheMove or email [email protected] to be considered for future promotion on our Move to More social media channels and in our EDM. Images selected will be credited and tagged in any content shared by Move to More
- Follow the Move to More Corporate LinkedIn page for campaign and corporate news
- Look out for opportunities in RAI’s regular newsletters